English test

A B2 level in English is required to apply for programs taught in English. A B1 level in English is required for most of our other programs.

How do you prove your level of English?

Applicants to the CCA and Management bachelor's degrees and to the Master's degrees - full-time study, work-study programs and continuing education (see list of programmes offered in the paragraph "Which programs do not require English language test?") must present the result of an English language certification test.
To be admissible, the test must have been taken within the 2 years preceding the application for admission on 1 January of the year in question. The test result must be submitted with all documents before the application deadline. A test registration certificate is not acceptable.
Grenoble IAE - INP does not organise certification sessions. For more information on the language certifications offered by the Université Grenoble Alpes, please contact the Language Service.

English language requirements (with certification) by program :
Vocational Bachelor No minimum level required
CCA and Management Bachelors, Master 1, Master 2 B1
Full English programs B2

In accordance with the Master's program study regulations, all students on Master's programmes subject to a B1 level requirement during admission will be required to provide proof of a CEFR B2 level in English in order to validate their degree (GO4B2 programme).
Which English language tests are accepted by Grenoble IAE - INP?

The tests accepted are : TOEIC, TOEFL, CLES, IELTS, Linguaskill, Cambridge English Qualifications for Higher Education and Duolingo.
Details of the types of tests and results recognised by Grenoble IAE are available here.

Good to know – Bachelor in management

Bachelor of Management candidates aiming for international mobility in a foreign university should find out about the minimum language level and type of tests required by the school's partner university.
More information on destinations and language levels (in French)

Nationalities exempt from the English test

List of countries exempt from certification by language - English / French (PDF).
Consult the list to find out whether the test is waived or not, depending on your nationality (upon presentation of proof of identity).
Your language level may also be assessed and validated at the admissions interview.

Which programs do not require an English test?

No English language certificate is required for the following programs:
Professional degrees: Assurance, Banque, Finance ; Distrisup Management ; Organisation et gestion des établissements hôteliers et de restauration
Master 2 MAE Pharmacien Manager ; Doctorant Manager
Executive Education programs: M2 MAE Executive Education ; M2 DESMA Executive Education ; M2 Gestion des ressources humaines Executive Education; M2 Conseil et Management des Systèmes d'Information Executive Education; M2 CGAO Executive Education.

Which programs require a B2 level?

A minimum B2 level is required for admission to programs that are taught entirely in English:
Licence Management - English Track / Bachelor in Management
Advanced Research in Management of Information Sytems ;
Advances in Finance and Accounting ;
Applied Corporate Management ;
Le Quanti : Research and Data Intelligence in Marketing